Skip to content

We Want To Hear From you

Have a comment or question? Send us a message.

Get In Touch With Us Today

If you have got questions, we have the answers. Just send us a message and one of our accountants will be in contact with you within 48hrs – even on weekends and holidays.

    Your Message

    Stop By Anytime

    We are open: Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm and Saturday from 10am to 5pm

    18 - 20 East Street
    Bromley, BR1 1QU

    At Adiva Accountants all initial consultations are free of charge, so contact us today.
    For quality, competitive, and friendly accountancy services, please contact

    Adiva Accountants

    on 020 8313 9117 or via email at

    At Adiva Accountants we have the knowledge and the experience to provide you with the kind of accounting and tax services that you are looking for. At Adiva Accountants we look forward to discuss with you, without obligation, ways in which we may be able to help your personal or business needs.

    Alternatively, you can complete the contact form here and we will respond as soon as possible.

    Directors of Adiva Accountants have over 10 years’ experience of providing accountancy services. They have completed Bachelor and Masters degrees in Accountancy, Taxation and Business Management. Additionally, they have completed various accountancy qualifications such as ACCA, AAT, etc. So, they hold various accountancy degrees and qualifications up to chartered certified accountant.

    They can advise you on many other things, such as how to get the best price when you come to sell your business. Or on how to satisfy the banks conditions when you need help with finance. Or on how to keep creditors, insurers and suppliers happy, etc. Their expertise covers income tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax, VAT, payroll and many more.

    They can help with dealing with Inland Revenue investigations also.


    There are parking bays right in front of the office, please be careful not to park in loading bays. Parking costs £1.90 per hour (maximum stay 2 hours). Alternatively, you can park in Sainsbury’s car park, which is just 1 minute walk away from the office. Parking there is completely free for 30 minutes and would be free for up to 2 hours provided you spend £10 in Sainsbury’s. Our office is at 18-20 East Street, Bromley BR1 1QU, which is opposite of O’Neill’s pub and TruGym.

    Alternatively, there is a big car park (1,500 spaces) in the INTU Bromley Shopping Centre (formerly The Glades). Parking costs £1.10 per hour for every day of the week. The shopping centre car park address is: The Glades, High Street, Bromley, BR1 3EF.

    By car

    If you drive to our office in Bromley, please enter this address in your Satnav 18-20 East Street, Bromley, BR1 1QU. From Orpington, you can take A232, then A21. From Beckenham, you can take A222. From Eltham, you can take A208B226A2212, then A21. From Lewisham and Catford, you can take A21. From Croydon, you can take A232A233, then A21. From Kent, you can take A21. From North and East London, you can take the Blackwell tunnel southbound, A2A2213A20South Circular RoadA2212, then A21. From West London, you can take South Circular Road to Catford, then A21.

    Public transport

    We are situated in Bromley East Street, which is served by Bromley South and Bromley North train stations, they are about 5-10 minute’s walk away. There are direct trains from London Victoria, London Bridge and London Blackfriars to Bromley South station. Bromley South is connected by direct trains to major towns around London and in Kent such as St Albans, Orpington, Sevenoaks, Ashford, Gillingham, and Ramsgate.

    The main bus routes serving Bromley High street are 61, 119, 138, 146, 208, 227, 246, 261, 269, 320, 336, 352, 354, 358, and 367.

    Chartered Certified Accountants       Call us: 020 8313 9117
    We're currently closed.We're open again on Saturday (13th April 2024) from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

    What are the main statutory forms?

    Many of the more common types of information can be submitted online by first registering at Alternatively, Companies House currently has a series of over 200 statutory forms to allow paper filing.

    The company must ensure that their record at Companies House is always up to date. This record contains current details of various statutory matters.

    The company secretarial duties would extend to ensuring that, for example:

    • The company’s annual accounts are filed on time at Companies House. For a private limited company, this must be within 9 months of the end of the accounting year. A fine will be levied if the accounts are late.
    • Once each year Companies House will send each company a confirmation statement showing a snapshot of the information they hold. The company must ‘check and confirm’ that the information held at a given due date is accurate. The information must be checked, and amended if necessary, within 14 days. If this information is returned late or not returned at all, the company, director(s) and secretary (if appointed) may be prosecuted. This confirmation statement replaced the annual return from June 2016.
    • All changes to the way the company is organised need to be notified to Companies House. And this within a specified period of between 14 and 28 days, depending on the change. The annual confirmation statement cannot be used to change this information and a separate form should be used. The most common forms include:
      • changes in directors, secretaries and their particulars
      • a change of accounting reference date
      • a change of registered office
      • allotments of shares
    • If a company does not complete its confirmation statement, the Registrar might assume that the company is no longer carrying on businesses. Steps might be taken to strike it from the register.
    • The current version of the company’s Articles of Association is filed whenever a change in the company’s internal rules is made.

    Statutory charges

    The lender or borrower should notify Companies House within 21 days when a company gives security for a loan. This is done by filling in the appropriate form and paying the statutory charge. Without timely registration, the charge will be void. That means the loan will still be repayable but the security given will not be valid. This does not apply to property acquired which is subject to a charge.

    Companies should ensure that any charges created are registered and that the company’s credit profile is protected. This is by removing the charge from the register as soon as the loan is repaid.

    Meetings and resolutions

    The company law sets out procedures for conducting certain aspects of company business. This is done through formal meetings where resolutions will be passed. When resolutions are passed, the company is bound by them.

    The company secretarial role here would be to ensure that proper notice of meetings is given to those who are entitled to attend. The proceedings should be recorded and copies of resolutions which affect the way the company is run are sent to Companies House. This should be done within the relevant time frame.

    Company meetings

    Members and auditors are entitled to a notice of company meetings. A general meeting notice of at least 14 days is required. Notice can be in writing, by email or by means of a website. However, a private limited company is no longer required to hold one. Unless the company’s Articles of Association make express provisions for holding an Annual General Meeting.

    A company with an existing express provision for an AGM might want to abolish this requirement. Then a special resolution is needed to change the articles of the company.


    There are two types of resolutions that may be passed. The ordinary resolutions, which are passed by a simple majority of the members. Or the special resolutions, which are passed by a 75% majority of the members. In general, resolutions will be voted on by any members present at a meeting.

    Private limited companies can take most decisions by written resolution. Such a resolution does not require a hard copy and can be passed by email. However, these resolutions need to be passed by a majority of all members of the company, not just by those who return the voting form.

    Whether they are taken at a meeting or by written resolution, it is important that companies retain copies of all important decisions taken in the management of the company. In cases when these decisions change the way a company is run, a copy needs to be filed at Companies House.

    Categories: Bookkeeping, Company secretarial in Greenwich
    Back To Top