Skip to content

We Want To Hear From you

Have a comment or question? Send us a message.

Get In Touch With Us Today

If you have got questions, we have the answers. Just send us a message and one of our accountants will be in contact with you within 48hrs – even on weekends and holidays.

    Your Message

    Stop By Anytime

    We are open: Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm and Saturday from 10am to 5pm

    18 - 20 East Street
    Bromley, BR1 1QU

    At Adiva Accountants all initial consultations are free of charge, so contact us today.
    For quality, competitive, and friendly accountancy services, please contact

    Adiva Accountants

    on 020 8313 9117 or via email at

    At Adiva Accountants we have the knowledge and the experience to provide you with the kind of accounting and tax services that you are looking for. At Adiva Accountants we look forward to discuss with you, without obligation, ways in which we may be able to help your personal or business needs.

    Alternatively, you can complete the contact form here and we will respond as soon as possible.

    Directors of Adiva Accountants have over 10 years’ experience of providing accountancy services. They have completed Bachelor and Masters degrees in Accountancy, Taxation and Business Management. Additionally, they have completed various accountancy qualifications such as ACCA, AAT, etc. So, they hold various accountancy degrees and qualifications up to chartered certified accountant.

    They can advise you on many other things, such as how to get the best price when you come to sell your business. Or on how to satisfy the banks conditions when you need help with finance. Or on how to keep creditors, insurers and suppliers happy, etc. Their expertise covers income tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax, VAT, payroll and many more.

    They can help with dealing with Inland Revenue investigations also.


    There are parking bays right in front of the office, please be careful not to park in loading bays. Parking costs £1.90 per hour (maximum stay 2 hours). Alternatively, you can park in Sainsbury’s car park, which is just 1 minute walk away from the office. Parking there is completely free for 30 minutes and would be free for up to 2 hours provided you spend £10 in Sainsbury’s. Our office is at 18-20 East Street, Bromley BR1 1QU, which is opposite of O’Neill’s pub and TruGym.

    Alternatively, there is a big car park (1,500 spaces) in the INTU Bromley Shopping Centre (formerly The Glades). Parking costs £1.10 per hour for every day of the week. The shopping centre car park address is: The Glades, High Street, Bromley, BR1 3EF.

    By car

    If you drive to our office in Bromley, please enter this address in your Satnav 18-20 East Street, Bromley, BR1 1QU. From Orpington, you can take A232, then A21. From Beckenham, you can take A222. From Eltham, you can take A208B226A2212, then A21. From Lewisham and Catford, you can take A21. From Croydon, you can take A232A233, then A21. From Kent, you can take A21. From North and East London, you can take the Blackwell tunnel southbound, A2A2213A20South Circular RoadA2212, then A21. From West London, you can take South Circular Road to Catford, then A21.

    Public transport

    We are situated in Bromley East Street, which is served by Bromley South and Bromley North train stations, they are about 5-10 minute’s walk away. There are direct trains from London Victoria, London Bridge and London Blackfriars to Bromley South station. Bromley South is connected by direct trains to major towns around London and in Kent such as St Albans, Orpington, Sevenoaks, Ashford, Gillingham, and Ramsgate.

    The main bus routes serving Bromley High street are 61, 119, 138, 146, 208, 227, 246, 261, 269, 320, 336, 352, 354, 358, and 367.

    Chartered Certified Accountants       Call us: 020 8313 9117
    We're currently open.

    How being married or in a civil partnership can affect your tax position?

    Married couples

    Independent taxation means that husbands and wives incomes and capital gains are taxed separately. As a result, both have their own personal allowances and basic rate tax bands for income tax. Also, the annual exemption allowance for capital gains tax purposes. Each are responsible for their own tax affairs. The same rules apply to same-sex couples who have entered a civil partnership under the Civil Partnership Act.


    For tax purposes a child is an independent person. So, is entitled to a personal allowance, the savings and basic rate tax bands before being taxed at the higher rate. Therefore, it may be possible to save tax by generating income or capital gains in the children’s hands.

    Tax planning for couples

    Every person is entitled to a basic personal allowance. However, this allowance cannot be transferred between spouses, except for the circumstances below.

    Marriage Allowance

    From the beginning of tax year 2015/16, married couples and civil partners are eligible for a new Transferable Tax Allowance.

    This is the Marriage Allowance, and enables spouses and civil partners to transfer 10% of their personal allowance to their spouse. This option is not available to unmarried couples. This option is available only to couples where neither pays tax at the higher or additional rate. If eligible, one partner can transfer 10% of their personal allowance to the other partner, which is £1,100 for 2016/17 (£1,060 for the 2015/16 tax year).

    Couples who marry within the year are entitled to the full benefit in their first year of marriage. For all those couples, where one spouse does not use all their personal allowance, this tax benefit will be worth up to £220 in 2016/17 (£212 in 2015/16).

    Eligible couples can apply for the marriage allowance at The spouse or partner with the lower income need to enter some basic information before applying to transfer some of their personal allowance. Those who do not apply via the government gateway will still be able to make an application later and receive the allowance.

    A married couple’s allowance is available, if either you or your spouse were born before 6 April 1935. This is given to the husband, although it is possible, by election, to transfer it to the wife.

    If you live in Greenwich, Bromley, Kent and London we, at Adiva Accountants in Greenwich can help you minimise the amount of tax that you have to pay, depending on your family’s personal circumstances, so why not call us today.

    Categories: Personal taxation, Self assessment tax return
    Back To Top